Old meets new in this tribute to traditional Australian living, this renovated three bedroom, two bathroom palace with several entertaining spaces is the perfect home for families, with great schools and local amenities all within a stone’s throw, and meticulously kept gardens. Well-maintained and liveable as it sits, with great bones for a future makeover to take advantage of your huge 771sqm block, you have nothing but options with this sturdy Stirling castle.
A classic foyer with an indoor garden sets a nostalgic tone as soon as you enter. A formal dining space is great for hosting dinner guests, doubling as a home office depending on your living requirements. An enormous living area overlooks the street, great as a rumpus room for kids with plenty of space for a piano or any other special activities.
A well-maintained kitchen and breakfast bar overlooks another bright living and dining space. This culinary haven has cooked countless family meals over the years, with Westinghouse appliances, ample bench and storage space, and a stainless-steel double sink. The vintage woodfire heater warms the troops in cooler months, adding a nostalgic touch.
Off the main living space is your semi-enclosed patio, perfect for entertaining a small crowd whether it’s a sunny day or downpour. This feeds onto an expansive back yard with low-maintenance artificial turf, gardens, large shed, workshop for your DIY projects, and a classic hills hoist. Your outdoor expanse wraps around to the front and is ideal for special occasions whether you have 10 or 100 guests, with plenty of room for pets and children to burn off energy, or even a pool down the track.
Three spacious bedrooms are well-lit and comfortable, two of which boast built-in robes and more than enough room to fit a desk for the young academics, sharing a well-kempt bathroom with European tiling and retro fittings. The master suite has private access outside, walk-in robes for the fashion hoarder, a built-in dresser and direct access to another Euro style bathroom with a Roman bath for the Emperor to sink into after a long day.
This old school palace has a homely feel often missed in brand new builds with far more entertaining space. Updated and boasting all the conveniences the modern family requires and great bones for a future renovation or extension. Pencil in a viewing with Brad and Kate Hardingham ASAP, because this sturdy Stirling castle won’t last long.
HOME IN BRIEF:
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, four living spaces.
- Originally built in 1975 on a 771sqm block, maintained and updated since.
- Tiled entry foyer, formal dining that doubles as home office.
- Massive rumpus room, perfect for kids’ activities or hobbies.
- Home office that can double as a fourth bedroom.
- Open plan living and dining space, overlooked by well-kempt kitchen.
- Kitchen boasts ample bench/storage space, s-steel double sink, breakfast bar.
- Semi-enclosed patio, ideal for outdoor entertaining year-round.
- Enormous backyard extends to front, artificial turf, manicured gardens, hills hoist, shed, workshop.
- Two minor bedrooms with built-in robes, sharing Euro style bathroom.
- Master suite with outdoor access, walk-in robe, built-in dresser, direct access to private bathroom.
- Undercover carport, continues through to backyard, extra room in driveway and street.
- Ducted air conditioning throughout, plus ceiling fans in most rooms.
- Alarm system. Security doors and screens throughout.
- 15 minute drive to the CBD.
- 10-15 minute drive to Scarborough Beach (under redevelopment).
- 8 minute drive to Karrinyup Shopping Centre (under redevelopment).
- 250m to Balcatta Growers Fresh. 5 minute drive to Stirling IGA.
- 5 minute drive to Osborne Park Hospital.
- 6 minute drive to Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School.
- 5 minute drive to West Balcatta Primary School.
- 5 minute bike ride to Balcatta Senior High School.
- 15 minute drive to Newman College.