AUCTION on site Saturday 26th May at 10am
Settlement: 26th June 2018
Perched in a prime position is a characterful home in one of Perth’s most sought after suburbs. Located walking distance from some of WA’s best schools, close to several social hubs and the bustling Leederville strip and just a short bike ride into the CBD, this property is ideally located with the church bells that ring every Sunday creating a wonderful atmosphere. This regal home couldn’t be more perfect for a growing family that like being amongst the action.
Originally built from brick in 1922 on a green title, 587sqm block, this property has been meticulously maintained and updated along the way suiting immediate occupation in all its retro glory. A home with plenty of stories to tell, the superb condition of the house is a true testament to the pride in ownership displayed over the years.
Step into a long hallway to enjoy a traditional layout with Jarrah floors and high ceilings throughout. A sizeable formal lounge oozes rustic charm with your fireplace and mantelpiece perfectly completing the picture. Five more sizeable bedrooms line this long hallway, with one doubling as a study if you work from home or need some private space for young minds to thrive. These bedrooms are serviced by two period style bathrooms, complete with decorative tiling, classic tapestry and rustic basins with timber cabinetry and storage.
This regal home also comes with an extensive home studio for the creative types, complete with another fireplace and a kitchenette, and If painting isn’t your thing it’s an easy space to readjust for another bedroom or activity space for kids.
The groovy kitchen has all the modern conveniences a masterchef requires while maintaining its old-school charm with Jarrah cabinetry and retro benchtops with huge amounts of storage and space to cook up a storm. This overlooks your open plan dining and living space perfect for entertaining, and unlike many homes of the era, this property is flooded with natural light allowing for comfortable, light and bright living all year round.
A decked alfresco is great for some outdoor relaxation in the warmer months and watches over the backyard and pool. With 587sqm of land this is more than enough space for children and a furry friend to burn off energy or entertain guests on a Summer afternoon. Your garage sits at the rear of the property backing onto the laneway for maximum privacy, with plenty of street parking for when you have visitors or as the kids mature.
Ready to be enjoyed in all its classic glory by the next lucky family in one of Perth’s most convenient locations, if you’re looking for a traditional family home near the city, 17 Franklin Street cannot be missed.
HOME IN BRIEF:
- Originally built in 1922 on a 587sqm, extended and renovated.
- Five bedrooms, two bathrooms, three living spaces.
- Interchangeable bedrooms doubling as activity rooms/study.
- Two period style bathrooms with rustic tiling and cabinetry servicing the bedrooms.
- Formal lounge with fireplace at front.
- Art studio with kitchenette, could be sixth bedroom with tweaking.
- Classic Jarrah kitchen with modern amenities, plenty of storage/bench space.
- Bright open plan living and dining space.
- Decked alfresco overlooking backyard and pool area.
- High ceilings, Jarrah floors, decorative cornices and arches throughout.
- Rear double garage on laneway, plenty of extra street parking.
- Zoning: Residential R30
- Built: 1922
- Total living: 175sqm (approx)
- Total land: 587sqm (as per title)
- Council rates: $2,231.82/pa (approx)
- Water rates: $1,290.13/pa (approx)
APPROXIMATE DISTANCES TO:
- 10 minute drive to the CBD, 15 minute bike ride.
- 850m to the Mt Hawthorn strip.
- 450m to Oxford Street/Leederville strip.
- 5 minute bike ride to Beatty Park Leisure Centre.
- 8 minute bike rode to Lake Monger.